The Day Sheet Report consists of six different reports: Chronological Day Sheet, Alphabetical Day Sheet, Receipts Only Day Sheet, Adjustment Only Day Sheet, Deposit Slip, and Daily Collections. You can generate each report at the same time, but each report prints separately.
To create a Day Sheet Report
1. In the Office Manager, click Reports, point to Management, and then click Day Sheet (Charges and Receipts).
The Day Sheet dialog box appears.
2. Type the report date that you want to print on the report. The default is the current date.
3. Do the following:
· Select Provider - Select the range of providers that you want to include. Click the From search button to select the starting provider and the To search button to select the ending provider. Or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all providers.
· Select Billing Type - Select the range of billing types that you want to include. Click the From search button to select the starting billing type and the To search button to select the ending billing type. Or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all billing types.
Note: Month-to-date (MTD) and year-to-date (YTD) totals will not print if you select a billing type range.
· Select Date - Type the date range that you want to include in the From and To fields. By default, Dentrix enters the current date for the range.
4. Select one of the following:
· Entry Date - Reflects the system date when you posted the procedure.
· Procedure Date - Different from the entry date only if you changed the procedure date. The Day Sheet prints both dates when you generate the report by entry date.
5. Under Select Totals, to include the MTD and YTD totals, extended MTD totals, and/or totals for each provider, select the appropriate option or options. Dentrix only prints the YTD and previous month totals if you print the report by entry date.
Note: The Compare to Fee Schedule option lets you compare the fee with a fee schedule you select. Dentrix adds two totals to the Current column:
· Total charges - The first total is the total amount of the charges as if each procedure on the day sheet were charged using the selected fee schedule.
· Net difference - The second total is the difference between the actual charges and the fee schedule total charges.
6. Under Select Report Types, select any or all of the following reports:
· Chronological Day Sheet - Prints a day sheet, listing the transactions in the order entered. Treatment plan items entered before the current day and then set complete print before items actually entered on the current day. Chronological day sheets print faster than alphabetical day sheets because they are not sorted.
· Alphabetical Day Sheet - Prints a day sheet sorted alphabetically by patients' last names.
· Receipts Only Day Sheet - Prints only payment transactions.
· Adjustment Only Day Sheet - Prints only adjustment transactions.
· Deposit Slip - Select to print payment transactions in a format suitable for a bank deposit slip, and then click Options to select the payment types that you want to include on the deposit slip.
The Options dialog box appears.
· To combine family payments on the deposit slip, select Combine Family Payments.
· To include details of the checks you receive on the deposit slip, select Include Check Detail.
· Daily Collections - Select to print daily payment and adjustment transaction types, and then click Options.
The Options dialog box appears.
· To include details of the checks you receive on the Daily Collections report, select Include Check Detail, and then click OK.
7. Select Save As Default to save the setting changes for the next time you open the Day Sheet dialog box.
8. To send the report to the Batch Processor, click OK.
A sample report appears below.