Creating insurance plan notes
You can use insurance plan notes to keep track of special requirements the insurance company imposes and to add any other information about an insurance company. You can update and change insurance plan notes at any time. All insurance plan notes appear for any patient with that insurance plan. Insurance plan notes also appear in the Insurance Claim dialog box, but will not print on the claim.
Note: Updating or changing any benefit and coverage information will affect all patients who subscribe to the selected group plan.
To create an insurance plan note
1. With a patient selected in the Family File, double-click the patient's Insurance Information block.
The Insurance Information dialog box appears.
2. Click Benefits/Coverage.
The Dental Insurance Benefits and Coverage dialog box appears.
3. Click the Insurance Plan Notes tab.
The Note text box appears.
4. Do one or more of the following:
· To insert a date, click the Insert Date Line button.
· In the text box, type your note.
· To check your spelling, click the Check Spelling button.
Note: You can also use the Clear, Cut, Copy, and Paste buttons to clear, cut, copy, and paste your text.
5. Do one of the following:
· To save the note, click Save.
· To undo your changes and refresh the page, click Undo.