Creating exceptions tables
For services that are not covered by an insurance plan, you can use Dentrix to create an exceptions table to document and track the exceptions to in-network and out-of-network insurance plans.
Note: Updating or changing any benefit and coverage information will affect all patients who subscribe to the selected group plan.
To create an exceptions table
1. With a patient selected in the Family File, double-click the Insurance Information block.
The Insurance Information dialog box appears.
2. Click Benefits/Coverage.
The Dental Insurance Benefits and Coverage dialog box for the selected patient appears. The carrier and group plan names appear in the title bar.
3. Click the Exceptions tab.
The Exceptions Table appears.
4. To create an exceptions table, do one of the following:
· Copy an exceptions table from another insurance plan by clicking the Select Insurance Plan to Copy From button. Select an insurance company from the list, click OK, and then edit the exceptions as necessary.
The Select Insurance Carrier dialog box appears.
· Click the Add button, and then enter each table entry manually.
The Exceptions Table fills in.
5. Do one of the following:
· To undo your changes, click Undo.
· To save your changes, click Save.