Opening the office on weekends or holidays
Occasionally you may need to change the hours that your office is open or that a provider is available for scheduling. You can change your practice schedule or close the office completely for a day. Similarly, you can change a single provider's schedule or schedule the provider out of the office for the entire day.
· Changing the hours of operation or closing the office for a day does not make changes to previously scheduled appointments. For example, if you have scheduled patients for a certain date and then unexpectedly have to close the office that day, those patients remain scheduled unless you reschedule them.
· You can easily open your practice on any day that it is normally closed. By default, operatory and provider schedules are also updated to the new practice schedule.
To open the office on the weekend or a holiday
1. In the Appointment Book, click Setup, and then click Practice Schedule.
The Schedule Calendar for Practice dialog box appears.
2. Click the day you want to open your practice.
· To move forward one month, click .
· To move back one month, click .
3. Click Office Closed, and then click Open Office.
The Set Time Limits dialog box appears.
4. To set a Start Time, click the double-chevron button.
The Select Time dialog box appears.
5. Click the buttons to the right or left of the slider to adjust the time by 10-minute increments until the desired time appears, and then click OK.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to set an End Time.
7. Click OK to close the Set Time Limits dialog box.
The hours you set appear in the Schedule Calendar for Practice dialog box.
8. Click Close.
The Appointment Book reflects the changes you made. The new hours also appear in the Daily Huddle and Practice Advisor reports.