Setting up print options
On the Print Options tab of the Preferences dialog box, you can set general printing options that will affect reports printed from Dentrix. These settings will not affect letters since they are printed from Microsoft Word.
Under Print Formatting, you have the following options:
· Left Offset and Top Offset - Enter the amount, in inches, needed to adjust the alignment of printed insurance claims in the Left Offset and/or Top Offset field. These offsets are intended for use with laser printing variations and affect all Billing statements and Insurance Claim formats. A negative (-) can be entered to subtract from the margin, if necessary.
· Print Delay - To set a short delay that occurs between the time you send a report to the printer and when it actually prints, enter that time, in seconds, in the Print Delay text field.
· Statement Count - To send Billing Statements in batches, enter the number of statements you want to send at one time in the Statement Count text field. The default number is 25.
· Patient Note Report Count - To send the Patient Note Report in batches, enter the number of patient reports to send at one time in the Patient Note Report Count text field. The default number is 250.
Under Print Display Options, you have the following options:
· Use CDA Codes in Descriptions - Select if you want CDA codes to appear with their descriptions.
· International Tooth Numbering - Select if you want to switch the Patient Chart to use international tooth numbering.
In the Additional Print Options group box you have the following options:
· Provider ID Column for Statements - Select to print the provider ID next to each transaction description on all walkouts and billing statements.
· No Insurance Flag(*) on Statements - Select to remove the message that appears on the bottom of Billing Statements: “*Indicates this procedure has been billed to insurance.
· Verify Billing Statements to Send - Select to preview billing statements before printing or sending them electronically.
· Copy Billing Statements to Document Center - Select to send a copy of each billing statement you print or submit electronically to the corresponding guarantor’s Document Center as a PDF. This setting does not apply to statements that are sent to the Batch Processor. With this preference selected, a copy of the statement is sent to the Document Center if you print or electronically send statements using the following methods:
· From the Ledger menu bar, select Print > Statement. Or, on the Ledger toolbar, click the Process Billing Statement button.
· From the Office Manager menu bar, select File > Print. Or, on the Office Manager toolbar, click the Print Preview button. The statements are displayed in the Print Preview window.
· Click the Print button on the Print Preview toolbar (whether or not the Verify Billing Statements to Send preference was selected).
· From the Print Preview menu bar, select the File > Print Report (whether or not the Verify Billing Statements to Send preference was selected).
· From the Office Manager menu bar, select File | EBS. Or, on the Office Manager toolbar, click the Electronic Billing Submission button. (The Verify Billing Statements to Send preference can be selected or cleared.)
Statements sent to the Document Center will have the following information attached:
· Reference Date - The Statement Date.
· Document Type - The text “Billing Statements” (if this type does not exist, it will be created for you even if the limit of 99 Document Center types has already been reached, but you can change or remove the type as with other Document Center types).
· Description - The text “Billing Statement.”
· For printed statements, the text “This Billing Statement was generated on [ dd/mm/yyyy].”
· For electronic statements, the same text as for printed statements and a new line “This Billing Statement was sent electronically and therefore may not be exactly the same as the Billing Statement that the patient received.”
· All of the pages of a statement sent to the Document Center are attached as a single document.
· Use Avery 5160 Mailing Labels - By default, Dentrix uses the Avery 5351 label format (with three columns and eleven rows) when printing labels. Select this option to use the Avery 5160 label format (with three columns and ten rows) when printing labels.
· Mailing Labels - skip patients who have requested no correspondence - Select to skip patients who have “No Correspondence” selected in their Family File when generating mailing labels. This option is selected by default.
· Sort claim by ID - Select to print procedures on insurance claims in the order the procedures were posted to the Chart or Ledger.
· Sort Pretreatment by ID - Select to print procedures on pre-estimate claims in the order the procedures were posted to the Chart or Ledger.
· Print Provider Balances for Aging Report - Select to add a provider balance total for each provider on your Aging Report. Also, you can select Include Accounts with 0.00 Balance to include providers with a zero balance.
· Prompt to use CDHA Claim Format - Select if you want Dentrix to ask you if you want to use the CDHA claim format whenever you create a claim. Before you can select this check box, you must add the CDHAFORM to the practice definitions.