Insurance Aging Report
The Insurance Aging Report includes each insurance carrier with outstanding claims, including the insurance plan name, group plan name, insurance phone number, group number, and each outstanding insurance claim for the insurance carrier. The insurance claim information includes a notation of primary or secondary, the date the claim was sent, the date a tracer was sent, the date the claim was placed on hold, the date the claim was re-sent, any status notes, the patient name, patient birthday, subscriber name, subscriber ID number, estimated insurance payment, and the amount billed to insurance. The amount billed to insurance will be placed in the Current, 31 – 60, 61 – 90, or > 90 column based on how long ago the claim was sent. The primary and secondary claim amounts will each be totaled and printed with a combined total at the bottom of the report. Partially paid claims are noted with an asterisk.
To generate the report
1. In the Office Manager, click Reports, point to Ledger, and then click Insurance Aging Report.
The Insurance Claim Aging Report dialog box appears.
2. Type the Report Date that you want to print on the report. The default is the current date.
3. Do the following:
· Select Patient – Select the range of patients that you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending patient, respectively, or leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all patients.
· Select Primary Provider – Select the range of primary providers (Prov1 in the Family File) that you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending providers, respectively, or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all primary providers.
· Select Insurance Carrier – Select the range of carriers that you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending carriers, respectively, or leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all insurance carriers.
· Minimum Days Past Due – Select one of the following:
· Over 0 – To include all claims.
· Over 30 – To include claims sent over 30 days ago.
· Over 60 – To include claims sent over 60 days ago.
· Over 90 – To include claims sent over 90 days ago.
· Exclude Claims that are Partially Paid – Select to exclude partially paid claims from the report.
· Print to File – Select to save the report as a tab-delimited file. Type a name for the report with a“.txt” file extension.
· Print Status Notes – Select to print any status notes that were created for the claim.
4. To send the report to the Batch Processor, click OK.