Running month end
Closing the month in Dentrix is an important management routine that you can accomplish in the Ledger by running a few recommended month-end tasks.
To run month end
1. In the Ledger, click Close Month.
The Month End dialog box appears.
2. The options under Recommended Tasks to Complete Month End are selected by default. You can clear all of the options except Close Transactions.
· Close out through end of month – Select the month and year.
Note: You cannot close out the current month. You must wait until the first day of the following month.
· Close Transactions – By default, all transactions up to the end of the selected month are closed.
· Move Perio Exams to History – Moves all periodontal exams up to the end of the selected month to history. You can no longer edit periodontal exams once they are moved to history.
· Move Clinical Exams to History – Moves all clinical exams up to the end of the selected month to history. You can no longer edit clinical exams once they are moved to history.
· Reset Insurance Benefits for February – Resets insurance plan benefits that renew for the selected month. (The month changes according to the month closed. For example, if the month closed was January, insurance benefits would be reset for February.)
3. To remove all appointments up to the selected date, under Other Task to Complete Month End, select Appointment/Event Purge, and then set a cutoff date.
4. Click OK.