Occasionally you may need to change the hours that your office is open or that a particular provider is available for scheduling. You can change your practice schedule or close the office completely for a single day. Similarly, you can change a provider's schedule or schedule the provider out of the office for the entire day.
Important: Changing your hours of operation or closing the office for a day does not reschedule previously scheduled appointments. For example, if you have scheduled patients for a certain date and then unexpectedly have to close the office that day, those patients remain scheduled unless you reschedule them.
To change office hours for a day
1. In the Appointment Book, click Setup, and then click Practice Schedule.
The Schedule Calendar for Practice dialog box appears.
2. Double-click the date that you want to change.
The Set Time Limits dialog box appears.
Note: In Dentrix, you can break each day into three time ranges. The range defaults to your normal hours for the selected date.
3. Click the Start Time or End Time search button next to the time block that you want to change.
The Select Time dialog box appears.
4. Click the left arrow to decrease or the right arrow to increase the time.
Tip: Click between the slider and the left arrow to decrease the time one hour at a time. Click between the slider and the right arrow to increase the time one hour at a time.
Note: To clear a time block, click the search button and then click Cancel in the Set Time Limits dialog box.
5. Click OK to save your changes and return to the Schedule Calendar for Practice.
The new hours appear in the date square, rounded to the nearest hour.