Customizing claim formats
You can use Dentrix to generate insurance claims. Dentrix includes various claim formats, including the standard ADA format, but does not set up all claim formats automatically. There is a limit of 10 claim formats. The following claim formats are set up with new installations, but you can change them as necessary:
1: DX2007 - Standard ADA 2006 claim form. Prints claim form and claim information.
2: DX2003 - Standard ADA 2003 claim form. Prints claim form and claim information.
3: ECSFORM - Standard ADA claim form for use with electronic claim submission.
4: J400 - Standard ADA 2006 claim form. Prints claim information on a pre-printed form.
5: J515 - Standard ADA 2003 claim format. Prints claim information on a pre-printed form.
6: DX2003M - Standard ADA 2003 claim form for use with Medicaid. Prints claim form and claim information.
7: HCFA - AMA medical claim form .
8: DX2007F - Standard ADA 2006 claim form that prints the provider's fee. Prints claim form and claim information.
Note: State Medicaid and other common formats are also available, but you must add them to the claim format definition type. New insurance plans default to the first claim format listed in the Practice Definitions dialog box.
To customize claim formats
1. In the Office Manager, click Maintenance, point to Practice Setup, and then click Definitions.
The Practice Definitions dialog box appears.
2. From the Definition Type list, select Claim Format.
The current list of claim formats is displayed.
3. Do one of the following:
· To add a new claim format, type a new abbreviation and description under Definition Text, and then click Add.
· To change a claim format, select the format that you want to change, type a new abbreviation and description, and then click Change. To learn more, click Changing a practice format.
· To delete a claim format, select it from the list, and then click Delete. To learn more, click Deleting a practice format.