Editing insurance payment tables
You can use a payment table when an insurance carrier always pays the same fee for a procedure, rather than a percentage. If you itemize insurance payments, you can update the payment table whenever you receive payments from an insurance carrier. This process maintains the accuracy of the table, which is important because the payment table is used to calculate insurance estimates. You can edit the updated insurance payment table.
· Updating or changing any benefit and coverage information will affect all patients who subscribe to the selected group plan.
· If a procedure is in the coverage table and the payment table, the amount in the payment table overrides the amount in the coverage table.
To edit an insurance payment table
1. With a patient selected in the Family File, double-click the patient's Insurance Information block.
The Insurance Information dialog box appears.
2. Click Benefits/Coverage.
The Dental Insurance Benefits and Coverage dialog box appears.
3. Click the Payment Table & Allowed Amounts tab.
The Payment Table and Allowed Amounts table appears.
4. To edit the procedure code, do the following:
· Select the code you want to edit.
· Click the Edit button.
· Type the new code, description, amount paid, and/or allowed amount under Code, Description, Paid, and/or Allowed respectively.
5. Do one of the following:
· To undo your changes, click Undo.
· To save your changes, click Save.