Changing the provider for procedures being completed
If the completing provider override feature has been enabled, if a provider performs work that was treatment planned by a different provider, you can specify the provider you want to use as the completing provider for treatment-planned procedures you set complete. Additionally, depending on how the completing provider override feature has been set up, the selected provider will be the provider for any procedures that are completed for the current patient or for all patients.
To change the provider for a procedure being completed
1. With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, on the File menu, click Change Provider.
The Select Provider dialog box appears.
2. You can sort the provider list by clicking on each header (ID, Name, or Status). Select the provider who performed the work for the treatment-planned procedures you are going to set complete.
3. Click OK.
4. On the Progress Notes panel, select the treatment-planned procedures that have been completed by the provider selected in steps 1-3.
5. Click the Set Complete button .
Note: As you enter treatment-planned procedures and set procedures complete for the current patient and other patients, be aware that the provider for the current charting session (the provider displayed on the Patient Chart title bar) can be affected by the completing provider override feature:
· With the Per Patient setting enabled - If you select another patient, that patient’s primary provider or the default chart provider will be used for procedures being entered or completed. Or, if you select another provider as explained in steps 1 - 3, that provider will be used.
Tip: If you go from one module (such as the Patient Chart) to another module (such as the Ledger) by clicking in that other window instead of clicking that module’s button on the toolbar, and then you select the same patient in the new window (or the patient is selected there), the patient’s primary provider will be used instead of the selected overriding provider. So, to use the same completing provider for the selected patient as you switch between modules, click the toolbar buttons of the modules you want to access even if those modules are already open.
· With the Per Session setting enabled - If you select another patient, the provider selected in steps 1 - 3 will be used for procedures being entered or completed until you select another provider or close all Dentrix Enterprise modules. Or, if you select another provider as explained in steps 1 - 3, that provider will be used.
Tip: If you move from provider to provider in the operatories to set treatment complete, because you are logging off Dentrix Enterprise and then logging back on, with each move, you may need to select the overriding provider as explained in steps 1 - 3.