Searching clinical notes
You can search for a word or phrase in a patient's clinical notes.
To search for text in a clinical note
1. With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, on the File menu, click Clinical Notes.
The Clinical Notes window appears.
2. Do one of the following:
· To search in a specific note, locate that note, and then position the text cursor where you want to begin searching. Then, click the Search button .
· Click the Search button .
The Search Clinical Notes dialog box appears.
3. In the Search Text field, type the words that you want to search for.
4. Set up any of the following options:
· Match Case - To find words that exactly match the capitalization that you typed, select the check box. To not use a case-sensitive search, clear the check box.
· Start from Top - To search all the patient's clinical notes, starting at the top of the first clinical note, select the check box. To start from the current position of the text cursor in the clinical note that you are viewing, clear the check box.
5. Click Next or Previous.
The first match, if found, is selected.
6. Click Next to continue searching forward for more matches. Click Previous to search backwards. Repeat this step as needed.