Printing clinical notes
You can print clinical notes from the Clinical Notes window. You can print all clinical notes within a certain date range for the current patient and/or all members of that patient's family. You can also print the Clinical Notes Report from the DXOne Reporting module.
To print clinical notes
1. With a patient selected in the Patient Chart (or other main module), on the File menu, click Clinical Notes.
The Clinical Notes window appears.
2. Click the Print button on the toolbar.
The Print Clinical Notes dialog box appears.
3. Set up the following options:
· Select Date Range - Select Date Range, and then type your preferred date range in the From and To fields to include clinical notes within the date range specified. If you want to include clinical notes for a specific date, use the same date for From and To. Or, select Relative Date Range, and then select the range: Current Day, Current MTD, Current Fiscal YTD, Current Calendar YTD, Previous Day, Previous Week, Previous Month, Previous 3 Months, Previous 6 Months, Previous Fiscal Year, Previous Calendar Year, Next Day, Next Week, Next Month, Next 3 Months, Next 6 Months, Next Fiscal Year, or Next Calendar Year.
Note: Using a relative date range is recommended if you are saving your report settings as the default so that you do not have to manually type a date range each time you run the report.
· Patient Selection - Select one of the following patient options:
· Current Patient - To include clinical notes for the patient currently selected.
· All Members of Current Patient's Family - To include clinical notes for the current patient and anyone else in the patient's family.
· Report Type Selection - Select one of the following options:
· All Notes - To include all clinical notes.
· Notes Already Approved - To include clinical notes that have already been approved or signed.
· Notes Needing Approval - To include clinical notes that have not been approved or signed.
· Clinic Selection - Click the search button to select the clinics you want to include on the report, or leave All selected to include all clinics.
· Provider/Staff Selection - Click the search button to select the providers you want to include on the report, or leave All selected to include all providers.
· Encounter # Selection - If a certain global setting is enabled, this option is available. If the option is available, click the search button to select the encounter numbers you want to include on the report, or leave All selected to include all encounter number.
4. Click Save as Default to save the current settings for the next time you run the report.
5. Click Clear Defaults to revert the dialog box options to the original defaults.
6. Click OK to preview the report.