Editing clinical notes
You can edit a clinical note that has not been placed into history after the month-end process, that has not been signed, or that has not been locked automatically (according to a certain global setting).
To edit a clinical note
1. With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, on the File menu, click Clinical Notes.
The Clinical Notes window appears.
2. Expand the appropriate date category in the left pane, and then select the clinical note you want to edit.
3. If you are adding to the note on a date other than when the clinical note was originally entered, insert your text cursor at the end of the text, press Enter, and then click the Insert Date/Time button to insert a date and time stamp, and then begin typing.
4. Add to, change, or remove a part of the clinical note regarding an exam or treatment given. The note can be up to 7,700 characters in length (the maximum length of a clinical note page is 8,00 characters, but 300 of those characters are reserved for the signature line that is added when a clinical note is signed). You can click the Check Spelling button to check the spelling of the note text (this button is available only if a certain preference setting has been enabled).
5. If you need to change the encounter number for the clinical note, click the Change Encounter for Selected Note button .
6. If you need to change the clinic for the clinical note, click the Change Clinic for Selected Note button .
7. Click the Save Clinical Note button to save the note.
Note: The note is automatically saved if you go somewhere else in the program or close the Patient Chart.