Creating clinical note templates
You can create clinical note templates to use for adding clinical notes.
Note: Only users with security rights to "Clinical Notes, Template Setup" can create clinical note templates.
To create a clinical note template
1. With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, on the File menu, click Clinical Notes.
The Clinical Notes window appears.
2. Click the Template Setup button .
The Template Setup dialog box appears.
3. Click New Template.
The New Clinical Note Template dialog box appears.
4. Select a Category.
5. In the Template Name field, type a name for the template.
6. If applicable, select prompts for the clinical note.
7. If you want to change the order of the prompts, under Clinical Note Prompts, select a prompt, and then click Move Up or Move Down to move the prompt up or down by one item in the list.
8. In the Clinical Note Text field, type a clinical note. Also, you can click the Check Spelling button to check the spelling of the note text (this button is available only if a certain preference setting has been enabled).
To add a prompt in the note where the text cursor is located, select a prompt from the list, and then click Insert Prompt in Text.
Tip: Make sure you leave a space before and after the inserted prompt name so that the completed clinical note will be displayed properly.
9. Click OK.