Changing the provider for a charting session
By default, Dentrix Enterprise assigns all treatment posted in the Patient Chart during a patient's posting session according to the default chart provider setting in the Practice Defaults. However, you can select a different provider for the current charting session for the patient. All procedures posted during the current charting session will be assigned to the selected provider.
When you select a different patient, work will automatically return to the default chart provider unless the completing provider override feature has been enabled and set up to allow only the selected provider to be the provider for all procedures posted until you close all Dentrix Enterprise modules or select another provider. For more information about how the completing provider override feature affects the charting session provider, click here.
To change the provider for a charting session
1. With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, on the File menu, click Change Provider.
The Select Provider dialog box appears.
2. Type all or part of a provider's ID or Last Name (or leave these fields blank).
3. Under Search By, choose whether to search for the provider in the clinic you are currently logged in to, all clinics, or the clinics that have been designated as your clinics.
4. Choose whether to search the providers in the clinic setup (of the Office Manager) or in the Appointment Book setup.
5. Click the ID/Last Name search button to see matching results.
6. Select the provider to whom all work posted during this session should be assigned.
7. Click OK.
· The provider for an individual procedure can be changed by editing the procedure from the Progress Notes panel after it has been posted unless the completing provider override feature has been enabled and the procedure has a status of "Treatment Plan."
· With the completing provider override feature enabled, you cannot change the provider attached to a treatment-planned procedure after it has been posted.