Reviewing medical alerts
To review a patient's medical alerts
1. Do one of the following:
· With a patient selected in the Family File, double-click the Medical Alerts block, or click the button in that block.
· With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, from the File menu click Medical Alerts.
· With a patient selected in the Ledger, from the File menu click Medical Alerts.
· In a patient's Treatment Planner, from the File menu, click Medical Alerts.
· With a patient's appointment selected in the Appointment Book, right-click that appointment, click Medical Alerts/Notes to open the Medical Alerts/Notes dialog box, and then click Edit. Or, with an appointment selected, from the File menu, click Medical Alerts.
The Medical Alerts dialog box appears with a listing of any existing medical alerts/problems, medications/prescriptions, and allergies.
2. When you are finished reviewing the alerts, from the Medical Alert Review button menu, click one of the following options:
· Reviewed Medical Alerts - To specify that you have reviewed the patient's medical alerts.
· Reviewed and Attach Related Referral - To specify that you have reviewed the patient's medical alerts and to attach a referral (by). In the Select Referral Acts dialog box that appears, select a referral, and then click OK.
Tip: Click New to add, edit, and delete referrals in the patient's Family File.
· View Medical Alert Review History - To view a history of medical alert reviews that were recorded for this patient.