Assigning medical alerts
You can add alerts for medical alerts/problems (medical conditions), medications/prescriptions, allergies, and implantable devices to a patient's record. You can also add implantable devices to a patient's record.
To assign medical alerts and devices to a patient
1. Do one of the following:
· With a patient selected in the Family File, double-click the Medical Alerts block, or click the button in that block.
· With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, from the File menu click Medical Alerts.
· In a patient's Treatment Planner, from the File menu, click Medical Alerts.
· With a patient's appointment selected in the Appointment Book, right-click that appointment, click Medical Alerts/Notes to open the Medical Alerts/Notes dialog box, and then click Edit.
The Medical Alerts dialog box appears.
2. Click the New Medical Alert(s) button , and then click one of the following options on the menu: