Appointment Check List
Up to 12 check boxes can appear at the bottom of the Appointment Information dialog box in the Appointment Book. These items are to be used as a checklist for each patient before or at the time of each appointment.
To customize Appointment Check List
1. In the Practice Definitions dialog box, from the Definition Type list, select Appointment Check List.
2. Add, edit, or delete a definition:
· Add - To add a new definition, with any definition selected, replace the existing Definition Text, and then click Add. (This button is unavailable if there are already 12 items; however, you can change one of the existing items if it is not being used.) The new definition is added in the first available spot (if there are no gaps in the sequence, it will be the last item) and given an ID.
· Edit - To edit a definition, select that definition, replace the existing Definition Text, and then click Change. The change affects all instances of this appointment checklist item that have been assigned to patients.
· Delete - To delete a definition, select that definition, click Delete, and then click Yes on the confirmation message. If you delete an appointment checklist, the check box is removed from the Appointment Information dialog box.
Important: Only delete an appointment checklist item if you know it is not assigned to any patient. When you re-add (with the same or a different name) a deleted checklist item and any patients that had that checklist item assigned to them (the item with the ID you are re-adding) when the item was deleted (and a different checklist item was not selected for those patients), those patients will have that checklist item assigned to them.