Importing fee schedules
When you are creating or editing a fee schedule, you can import the fees from a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file.
To import a fee schedule
2. Locate and select the .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file that you want to import, and then click Open.
The Fee Schedule Import dialog box appears.
3. To specify which column from the file being imported contains the procedure codes, click Select Proc Column, and then click the correct column header (for example, F1).
4. To specify which column from the file being imported contains the fees that you want to use (there may be multiple fee columns to choose from), click Select Fee Column, and then click the correct column header (for example, F6).
5. Click OK.
You are returned to the View/Edit Fee Schedule dialog box.
6. Do any of the following:
· To change a procedure code's amount (as displayed in the BEFORE column), click that procedure code's fee in the AFTER column, and then type the new amount. The background color of the AFTER cell changes to yellow, and the Difference between the original and the new fee appears with a green background (for an increase) or a red background (for a decrease). Repeat this process as needed to change other amounts.
Tip: To help you quickly find a procedure code, begin typing a procedure code in the Find Procedure Code field. The first matching code is selected.
· To copy the data (procedure codes, before amounts, after amounts, and differences) as text to the Windows Clipboard, click Clipboard, and then click Copy to Clipboard - tab delimited or Copy to Clipboard - comma delimited. You can paste the Clipboard contents into another program.
Tip: You can use the contents of a copied fee schedule comparison to create a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file that you can import into Dentrix Enterprise to create a new fee schedule.
· To export the data (procedure codes, before amounts, after amounts, and differences) as text to a comma-delimited or tab-delimited file, click Export to specify a name, a file type (.csv or .txt), and a location for the .csv or .txt file.
· You can use the contents of an exported fee schedule comparison to create a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file that you can import into Dentrix Enterprise to create a new fee schedule.
· You can also export up to 999 fee schedules at one time. The exported file contains the procedures and the corresponding amounts.
7. Click Save.