Editing fee schedules
You can edit fee schedules as needed.
Note: Any changes that you make here will affect the fees for procedure codes.
To edit a fee schedule
1. In the Office Manager, from the Maintenance menu, point to Practice Setup, and then click Fee Schedule Maintenance. (This option is available only if you are logged in to the Central clinic.)
The Fee Schedule Maintenance dialog box appears.
· To find a fee schedule quickly, begin typing the name of a fee schedule in the Find Fee Schedule field. Continue typing as needed to narrow down the list.
· You can also filter the list to show only the fee schedules associated with a specific clinic. Select the desired clinic from the Show Clinic list. To view fee schedules that are attached to any clinic or that are not attached to a clinic, select All.
2. Select the fee schedule that you want to edit, and then click View/Edit.
The View/Edit Fee Schedule dialog box appears.
3. Do any of the following:
· To attach the fee schedule to one or more clinics, next to Attach To, select All Clinics or Filter Clinics (and then click the search button to select the desired clinics). To not attach the fee schedule to a clinic, select Unassigned. With the fee schedule attached to a clinic, everywhere in Dentrix Enterprise that you can select a fee schedule (such as a patient's dental insurance plan in the Family File), you can filter the list of fee schedules by clinic.
· To change a procedure code's amount (as displayed in the BEFORE column), click that procedure code's fee in the AFTER column, and then type the new amount. The background color of the AFTER cell changes to yellow, and the Difference between the original and the new fee appears with a green background (for an increase) or a red background (for a decrease). Repeat this process as needed to change other amounts.
Tip: To help you quickly find a procedure code, begin typing a procedure code in the Find Procedure Code field. The first matching code is selected.
· To replace all the amounts in this fee schedule with those from another fee schedule, click Copy From, and then search for and select the desired fee schedule.
· To replace amounts in this fee schedule with those from a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file, click Import, and then search for and select the desired file.
· To change all amounts to zeros, click Clear, click Clear only the fee amounts, and then click Yes.
· To change all amounts to zeros and clear the Fee Schedule Name field, click Clear, click Clear the name and fee amounts, and then click Yes.
· To copy the data (procedure codes and amounts) to another fee schedule, click Copy To, select the fee schedule that you want to overwrite, and then click OK. The Copy To button is available only if you have saved your changes to the current fee schedule.
· To copy the data (procedure codes, before amounts, after amounts, and differences) as text to the Windows Clipboard, click Clipboard, and then click Copy to Clipboard - tab delimited or Copy to Clipboard - comma delimited. You can paste the Clipboard contents into another program.
Tip: You can use the contents of a copied fee schedule comparison to create a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file that you can import into Dentrix Enterprise to create a new fee schedule.
· To export the data (procedure codes, before amounts, after amounts, and differences) as text to a comma-delimited or tab-delimited file, click Export to specify a name, a file type (.csv or .txt), and a location for the .csv or .txt file.
· You can use the contents of an exported fee schedule comparison to create a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file that you can import into Dentrix Enterprise to create a new fee schedule.
· You can also export up to 999 fee schedules at one time. The exported file contains the procedures and the corresponding amounts.
4. Click Save.