Adding and editing Continuing Care views
You can create views, which can be selected, for what and how continuing care information is displayed in the Continuing Care module.
As part of the initial installation, Dentrix Enterprise comes with the following three Continuing Care views:
· All - Displays all patients assigned to a continuing care type.
· Today - Displays all patients due for a continuing care visit on the current date.
· Week - Displays all patients due for a continuing care visit within the next week.
You can add and edit continuing care views as needed.
To add or edit a continuing care view
1. In the Office Manager, from the Maintenance menu, point to Practice Setup > Continuing Care, and then click Continuing Care Views Setup.
The Continuing Care Views Setup dialog box appears and displays all permanent views that have been previously created (temporary views are set up from the Continuing Care module).
2. Do one of the following:
· To add a Continuing Care view, click New. The New Continuing Care View dialog box appears.
· To edit an existing Continuing Care view, select that view, and then click Edit. The Edit Continuing Care View dialog box appears.
3. Set up the following options:
· View Name - Type a name for the view.
· Type - With "<ALL>" selected, all continuing care types will be viewed. To view only a certain continuing care type, select a type.
· Status - With "<ALL>" selected, continuing care types with any status will be viewed. To view only continuing care types with a certain status, select a status.
· Sched. Appt? - You can filter the list according to whether or not a patient has a continuing care appointment. (Remember that continuing care must be attached correctly in the Appointment Book before the list will filter correctly.) With "<ALL>" selected, all patients due for continuing care, regardless of their next scheduled appointment. To view only patients with an attached appointment select "Only With." To view only patients without an attached appointment, select "Only Without."
· Sort Order - You can customize the order in which each patient is listed in the Continuing Care module (in the window and on the printed list). Sorting by family allows you to look at the entire family together, regardless of what the last names are (family members may have different last names). Sorting alphabetically by patient name sorts by name, regardless of family relationships.
To change the sort order of an item, select an item, and then press PAGE UP and/or PAGE DOWN on your keyboard as many times as needed to move that particular sort option up or down in priority.
· Due Date
· Use Due Date Range - To view continuing care for a specific date range, click this option, and then type a date range.
· Use Due Date Span - To view continuing care for a relative time span (for example, one month), click this option, and then set up the span to include the amount of time you want to see on the report (for example, for the coming month, choose Before 1 Days and After 1 Months).
The due date span is relative to the day being viewed in the Appointment Book, so Before and After refer to the time span before and after that date. The lowest number you can set is 1 (there is not a 0), so you cannot set the span to show continuing care as of the date being viewed. To set an open-ended range, select "<ALL>" for Before and/or After.
· Billing Type - To view patients with any billing type, leave From <ALL> To <ALL> selected. If you want to filter the list by patients with a certain range of billing types, click the From search button , and then select the beginning type for the range; next, click the To search button , and then select the ending type for the range.
To view patients with billing types that are not contiguous, you must set up a separate view for each billing type range or individual billing type.
· Prior Treatment Date Span - To view patients, regardless of whether or not they have had previous treatment, leave From <ALL> To <ALL> selected. If you want to view patients that have had previous treatment within a date span, specify the amount of time, prior to the day being viewed in the Appointment Book or prior to the due date range entered (for example, for the previous month, choose From 1 Months ago To 1 Days ago).
· Last Visit Date - To view patients with any last visit date in the Family File, leave From <ALL> To <ALL>. If you want to view patients who have had visit within a certain date span, specify the amount of time (for example, for the previous month, choose From 1 Months ago To 1 Days ago.)
· Run - To view patients from all clinics and with any provider, leave All selected. If you want to view patients for a certain range of clinics or providers, click Clinic or Provider, click the From search button , and then select the beginning provider or clinic for the range; next, click the To search button , and then select the ending provider or clinic for the range. Filtering by provider uses providers based on which provider is assigned to a patient in the continuing care defaults in the Family File.
4. Click OK.