Aging / Credit Balance Report
The Aging/Credit Balance Report displays the guarantor's name, phone number, billing type, last payment amount, last statement date, agreed payment amount and balances per aging period, insurance estimates, guarantor portion, and total account balance or credit. The report also provides totals and payments for each amount.
To generate the report
1. In DXOne Reporting, select Ledger, and then double-click Aging/Credit Balance.
The Aging/Credit Balance dialog box appears.
2. Set up the following options:
· Aged Balance as of - Enter the Aged Balance as of date, which is the date from which to age the balances. Remember the following when entering a date:
· The credit or charge must have a date prior to or equal to the date entered.
· Credits that have been applied to charges use the applied date to determine if the date is less than or equal to the aged balance date.
· All charges and suspended credits use the entry date or procedure date (whichever is specified) to determine if the date is less than or equal to the aged balance date.
· Last Pmt Before - The Last Pmt Before date can be used to exclude accounts that have made a payment recently. For example, if the date is for the prior month, any accounts that have a guarantor payment for that prior month will be excluded from the aging report. Insurance payments are ignored.
Do one of the following:
· Clear the All check box, and enter a date to include accounts that have made payments before the specified date. Also, if All is not selected, a guarantor will only show on the report when his/her last payment (guarantor payment) was made prior to the date entered.
· Select the All check box to include all accounts, regardless of the date of the last payment.
· Date Type - Select whether to run the report by Entry Date or Procedure Date. Entry date indicates the date of a transaction that was entered into the database. Procedure date indicates the date of a transaction that was manually changed. Most of the time, procedures will have the same entry and procedure date. They will only differ when you backdate a procedure. Applied credits use the allocate date instead of entry or procedure date.
· Balance Range - Select the range of balances that you want to include on the report:
· ALL - This includes all balances (including zero balances) on the report.
· Exclude Zero Balances - This includes all credit or debit balances on the report.
· Credit Balances Only - This includes only guarantors with a credit balance on the report.
· User Defined - This includes only balances within the minimum to maximum balance range. If User Defined is selected, enter the range of balances you want to view on the report:
· Minimum - The balance must be greater than or equal to the value entered.
· Maximum - The balance must be less than or equal to the value entered.
· Guarantor - Click the From and/or To search buttons to select the range of guarantors you want to include on the report (the range can be open-ended), or select both All check boxes to include all guarantors.
· Clinic - Click the search button to select the clinics you want to include on the report, or select the All check box to include all clinics. When specific clinics are selected, the report will include the following:
· Suspended credits where the collecting clinic is specified
· Charges where the rendering clinic is specified
Applied credits assume the charges are for the rendering clinic. Therefore, if a charge doesn't show because of the clinics specified, and the applied date is on or before the aged balance date specified, the applied amount will not show and is not considered suspended.
· Provider - Click the search button to select the providers you want to include on the report, or select the All check box to include all providers. When specific providers are selected, the report will include/exclude the following:
· Include transactions associated with the rendering providers specified.
· Not include any suspended credits, regardless of the Group By option specified.
If a charge doesn't show because of the providers specified, and the applied date is on or before the aged balance date specified, the applied amount will not appear.
· Billing Type - Click the search button to select the billing types for patients you want to include on the report, or select the All check box to include all billing types.
· Patient Tag - To have the report include patients with certain tags assigned to them, select the Run By Patient Tag check box; and then, click the search button to select the desired patient tags, or select the All check box to include patients with any patient tag. To not filter the report by a patient tag, clear the Run By Patient Tag check box.
· Aging Intervals - Enter the aging intervals, in days, as you want them to appear on the report. Each guarantors balance will be aged by the ranges specified in each of the six interval buckets. Clinic and provider groupings are also aged using these same buckets.
· Days Past Due - Select the Minimum days past due an account must be to be included on the report: 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180. For example, if you only want accounts with a balance over 60 days, select "60." Select the Maximum days past due an account must be to be included on the report: <No Limit>, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180. For example, if you do not want to include any accounts with an aged balance over 90 days, select "90."
· Group By - Select one of the following options:
· Guarantor - To group the report by guarantors. Then, select one of the following options:
· Only Guarantors - To list balances by guarantor name.
· Clinic - To group the report first by guarantor name and then by clinic for each guarantor. Clinics listed are based on the charges for the rendering clinic and suspended credits for the collecting clinic.
· Provider - To group the report first by guarantor name and then by provider for each guarantor. Providers listed are based on the charges for the provider. Suspended credits are included on the report but are only shown under the guarantor grouping.
· Clinic/Guarantor - To group the report first by clinic and then by guarantor name. Clinics listed are based on the charges for the rendering clinic and suspended credits for the collecting clinic.
· Provider/Guar - To group reports first by provider and then by guarantor name. Providers listed are based on the charges provider. Suspended credits are not included with this grouping.
· Sort Options - Select one of the following options:
· By Guarantor Name - To sort the report first by the grouping specified and then alphabetically by guarantor name.
· By Over 180 to Current Balance - To sort the report first by the grouping specified (whatever is entered as the last aging interval) and then by the oldest to newest balance.
· By Largest to Smallest Balance - To sort the report first by the grouping specified and then by the largest to smallest balance.
· Other Options - To include the patient's guarantor note, select the Include Guarantor Notes check box. With this option selected, any guarantors with a note will print below the guarantor information. This check box is only available when the Group By option is set to Guarantor (with any sub-grouping).
3. Click Save as Default to save the current settings for the next time you run the report.
4. Click Clear Defaults to revert the dialog box options to the original defaults.
5. Click Schedule to schedule a report job.
6. Click OK to preview the report.