Adding and editing views
In Dentrix Enterprise, each user can have separate set of views, making it possible to see different information on different computers. For example, when you are in a hygiene operatory, you can have a different view than when you are at the front desk.
With an Appointment Book view, not only can you control what patient information is visible, but you can choose which providers, operatories, and hours appear in the Appointment Book. Also, as your needs change, you can change the view.
Note: You can have up to 111 different views on each computer in the office unless a certain global setting is enabled; in which case, there is no limit, but not all views will be able to have a shortcut key associated with them.
To add or edit a view
1. In the Appointment Book, click View on the menu bar.
The Select View dialog box appears.
2. Search for a view either to verify that the one you want to create does not already exists or to locate the view that you want to edit. In the Enter View Name field, type one or more letters of the first part of a view name, and then click the search button . This option is available only if a certain global setting is enabled.
3. Do one of the following:
· To add a new view, click New.
· To edit an existing view, select it, and then click Edit.
The Edit View dialog box appears.
4. Set up any of the following options:
· Appointment View Name - Type a name for the appointment book view.
· Short-cut key to view - Select the shortcut key you want to use to access the view (for example, if you select F4, you can press the F4 key to use this view). If you have more than 11 views (because you have a certain global setting enabled that allows you to have more than 11), and all the shortcut keys are assigned to other views, you cannot assign a shortcut key to this view unless you first remove the shortcut key assignment from one of the other views.
· Clinic - Select the clinic that you want to assign to this view.
· Selected Providers - Click Modify List to select up to 10 providers for the view. You must set up providers before they will appear in the list box.
Note: Selecting a provider allows the provider's color bar along the left side of the Appointment Book to appear. Appointments scheduled in a displayed operatory will always appear, regardless of the provider assigned to the view.
· Selected Operatories - Click Modify List to select up to 10 operatories for the view. You must set up operatories before they will appear in the list box.
· View Options
· View Amounts - Select to view a small box in the upper-right portion of the schedule that displays the scheduled production amount for the day, week, or month (this depends on the selected view). Dentrix Enterprise rounds production amounts to the nearest dollar and adds a zero in front of the amount, making it less likely that patients will associate the number with revenue.
· View Appointment Notes - Select to see a note symbol in the upper-right corner of any appointment that has an appointment note attached.
· View Alerts - Select to see a red plus sign in the upper-right corner of an appointment for patients with medical alerts.
· View Provider Columns - Select to view the colored provider bar when using this view.
· View Ins Eligibility - Select to see an "E" icon, which indicates the status of a patient's eligibility for insurance coverage, in the upper-right corner of any appointments for patients with insurance plans attached to their records.
· Select Days - Select the days of the week that the office is normally open. Only the selected days will be displayed when in the week and month views.
· Month Time View - For the month view, Dentrix Enterprise requires that a start and end time be entered. (If this information is not entered correctly, you might get error messages when trying to switch to the month view.) In the Start Hr field, type the earliest hour patients will be seen. In the End Hr field, type the latest hour appointments will last until. Select am or pm for both fields.
· Appointment Display Info - Depending on the length of an appointment, up to nine lines of information can appear on the face of an appointment. You can customize and prioritize the text lines for each appointment. For each Line, select the item you want to display on that line:
· [None] - No information.
· Name -The patient's name. Typically, this item is assigned to the first position.
· Appt Reason - The reason for the appointment.
Tip: If you frequently schedule several different procedures in an appointment, you can use the appointment reason for two or three adjacent lines. That way, if the description will not fit on one line, it will wrap to the next line. This wrap ability is available only for the appointment reason.
· Phone - The patient's home phone number.
· Provider -The provider ID.
· Amount - The production amount for the appointment.
· Appt Type -The appointment type (High Production, Medium Production, and so forth).
· Staff -The staff member assigned to the appointment.
· Work Phone -The patient's work phone number.
· Pref. Name - The patient's preferred name. You can use this option in place of the name option if you want to leave the line blank in cases where a patient does not have a preferred name.
· Chart Num - The patient's chart number.
· Operator - The ID of the user who is logged in when the appointment is made.
· Pri Elig Date - The date of the last verification of eligibility for coverage under the patient's primary insurance plan.
· Sec Elig Date - The date of the last verification of eligibility for coverage under the patient's secondary insurance plan.
· DOB - age - The patient's birth date and age.
Tip: On average, most appointments display two to four lines of information. When selecting information to display, assign the most important items to the top-most lines.
· Default View - Select to have this view be the default for the current user for the current clinic.
5. Click OK.