Similar to a real pin board, the Appointment Book Pinboard can temporarily store appointment or event information until you can find a new appointment or event time. You can have multiple appointments and events on the Pinboard at any given time.
To move appointments and events to the Pinboard
· A single appointment or event - You can quickly move an appointment or event to a different day by dragging the appointment or event to the Pinboard, switching to another date, and then dragging the appointment or event to a new operatory and time. Alternatively, you can select an appointment and move that appointment to the Pinboard by clicking Selected Appointment from the Move to Pinboard menu.
· Multiple appointments on a certain date at the same time - From the Move to Pinboard menu, click one of the following options:
· All Appts for Displayed Date - To move all the appointments. This option is available only if you scheduled appointments for the displayed date.
· Family Appts for Displayed Date - To move all the appointments for a family. This option is available only if you select an appointment.
· Provider's Appts for Displayed Date - To move all the appointments for a provider. This option is available only if you select an appointment.
· Operatory Appts for Displayed Date - To move all the appointments in an operatory. This option is available only if you select an appointment.
· An appointment or event that you drag to the Pinboard remains scheduled at its original date, time, and operatory until you move the appointment or event to a new date, time, and/or operatory. If you close the Appointment Book, or click Refresh from the File menu, any appointment or event that you had dragged to the Pinboard remains on the Pinboard and is still scheduled at its original date, time, and operatory.
· Any appointment that you put on the Pinboard by using a method other than dragging (by clicking either one of the Move to Pinboard options from the shortcut menu that appears when you right-click an appointment, one of the Move to Pinboard menu options with an appointment selected, the Pin Board button that is available from an appointment's Appointment Information dialog box) does not appear on the schedule. These appointments appear only on the Pinboard or in the Pinboard List window.
· If the number of appointments and events on the Pinboard exceeds the viewable area of the Pinboard, click the up and down arrow buttons at the bottom of the Pinboard to scroll up and down in the list.
· To remove all appointments or events from the Pinboard (restoring them to their original dates, times, and operatories), right-click any appointment or event on the Pinboard, and then click Restore All Pinboard Appointments or Restore All Pinboard Events. If there are appointments or events on the Pinboard that were not put there by dragging them there, a dialog box appears and asks if you want to keep those appointments or events on the Pinboard or move them to the Unscheduled List.