Setting up the clinic schedule
Occasionally you will need to change the hours your office is open for a particular date. Dentrix Enterprise allows you to change your working hours for a single day or to close the office completely on a single day. Changing the hours of operation for a day or closing the office on a day does not make changes to any previously scheduled appointments. For example, if you have scheduled patients for March 5th, and then you close March 5th, those patients remain scheduled on March 5th.
Note: Changing the clinic schedule affects all computers.
To set up when a clinic is closed for vacation days and holidays
1. In the Appointment Book, on the Setup menu, click Clinic Schedule.
The Schedule Calendar for Clinic dialog box appears.
2. Click the double left or right arrows to navigate to the correct month.
3. To override the clinic's default working hours for a day, do the following:
a. Double-click the desired day.
The Set Time Limits dialog box appears.
b. To change a time range, click the search button next to the desired Start Time or End Time field.
The Select Time dialog box appears.
c. To change the time, click the left arrow button to decrease the time or the right arrow button to increase the time. Click between the slider and the left arrow to decrease the time one hour at a time. Click between the slider and the right arrow to increase the time one hour at a time.
d. Click OK.
e. Repeat steps b - d for all other start and end times that you want to change.
f. To apply these time changes to the schedule for all operatories on the selected date (overriding but not changing the default availability), select Update Op. Schedules.
g. Click OK.
4. To open or close the office for a day, do the following:
a. Select the desired day.
b. On the Office Closed menu, click one of the following options:
· Close Office on selected date - Closes the office on the selected day. The cell for that day will become light gray. Use this option to close the office for yearly holidays that do not occur on the same day of the month every year (for example, Thanksgiving).
· Open Office - Opens the office on the selected day if it was previously closed.
· Set Yearly Holiday on selected day - Closes the office on the selected day. The cell for that day will become pink. Use this option to close the office for yearly holidays that fall on the same day of the month every year (for example, Christmas is always on December 25).
· Delete Holiday - Opens the office on the selected day if it was previously closed for a yearly holiday.
5. Click Close.