Setting up a flip tab
Acting as a bookmark, a flip tab allows you to jump forward or backward several days, weeks, or months in the Appointment Book, according to a specified length of time, such as seven days, two weeks, or six months. No flip tabs are set up with the initial installation of Dentrix Enterprise.
Note: Flip tabs are computer specific, so they need to be set up on each computer individually.
To set up a flip tab
1. In the Appointment Book, on the Setup menu, click Flip Tabs Setup.
The Flip Tabs Setup dialog box appears.
3. For each flip tab you want to create or change (you can have up to four), set up the following options:
· Description - Type a short description for the flip tab (for example, "1 Week" or "6 Months"). The description can be up to 15 characters in length.
· Text Color - Click the colored button to assign a color to the text description of the flip tab.
· Type - Select one of the following types:
· Absolute - Requires you to specify a certain calendar date, such as 11/11/2018. Type the Date, or click the search button to select the date from a calendar. An absolute tab will always jump to that specific date in the Appointment Book.
· Relative - Requires you to specify a certain number of days, weeks, or months.
a. Enter the number of Days.
b. Select a Direction option: Forward, to go forward by the specified number of days, weeks, or months in the Appointment Book; or Backward, to go backward by the specified number of days, weeks, or months.
c. Under Relative to, select whether the tab will move you relative to the current date or relative to the date being displayed in the Appointment Book.
Note: A relative tab will jump you to a date relative to the current date or the displayed date. For example, if today's date is January 1st, a relative tab set to move you seven days forward relative to today will move you to January 8th when you click it; then, if you click the tab again, you will remain on the 8th. However, a relative tab set to move you seven days forward relative to the displayed date, will move you to the 8th when you click it; then, if you click the tab again, the tab will move you to the 15th (another seven days ahead).
4. Click OK.