Many times patients call wanting an appointment sooner than your next available time. In these situations, you can offer to call the patient if an appointment time becomes available. With Dentrix Enterprise, you can flag scheduled appointments as ASAP (As Soon As Possible).
Once you have flagged an appointment as ASAP, it appears on the ASAP List. This satisfies the patient's request for a sooner appointment, while benefiting the office at the same time, by providing a list of patients who can fill holes in an otherwise full schedule.
In addition to providing you with names of patients who can fill open appointment times, the interactive nature of the ASAP List makes it simple to contact a patient and then create or move an appointment as needed.
To open and utilize the ASAP List
1. In the Appointment Book, on the Appt Lists menu, point to ASAP List, and then click either Current Clinic (to view appointments for the clinic currently being viewed) or All Clinics (to view appointments for all clinics).
The ASAP List View dialog box appears.
2. Set up any of the following filters as needed:
· By Provider/By Operatory - To have only the appointments assigned to a certain provider or operatory appear in the list, select the desired provider or operatory; otherwise, leave View All selected to see appointments for all providers in all operatories for the displayed date range.
· Span of Search - Type a number in the Days field to specify how many days worth of appointments into the future you want to have appear on the list. To use that number of days for the next time you view the list, click Save setting.
· Type of Search - Leave ASAP selected. However, if you wanted to view the Open List instead of the ASAP List, this is where you would choose to do so.
3. Click OK.
The ASAP List window appears.
4. Perform any of the following tasks:
· To see more information regarding an appointment or to make changes to an appointment, double-click it to open the Appointment Information dialog box.
· To change the start date for the view, click the calendar button to open the Select Date dialog box.
· To filter the appointments in the list by provider or operatory and by a different date span, on the menu bar, click View to open the ASAP List View dialog box.
· To move a selected appointment to the Pinboard for quick rescheduling, on the Appt menu, click Move Appointment to Pinboard.
· To delete a selected appointment permanently, on the Appt menu, click Delete Appointment.
· To copy the displayed list to the Windows Clipboard so that you can paste the information into other Windows programs, on the Appt menu, click Copy to Clipboard.
· If you or someone else changed an appointment in another module or on another computer, to update the ASAP List to reflect the most recent changes, on the menu bar, click Refresh.
· When confirming a selected appointment, on the Status menu, select the appropriate status type to indicate the last contact with the patient.
· To open the Office Journal of the patient that corresponds to a selected appointment, on the menu bar, click Office Journal.